Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Work

Well, last night I was looking at my bank statement and I seriously need to get a job now, so I think I am going to go apply at some fast food restuarants. I always told myself I would never go back to working crappy jobs like that, but I need money.

God, I didn't think I'd ever have to sink this low in my job searching efforts, but alas, I'm 27 years old and I'm going to be applying at freaking Mcdonalds. If that isn't a freaking blow to my self esteem, I don't know what is.

I applied at a temp service, but I haven't heard anything back from them regarding work. I've filled out countless applications and sent tons of resumes out and not many have been interested.

I had that one "job" the other week , but that didn't work out. It was a job selling air filters to people in their homes. I went to training and such and was all excited about starting something new for myself. Then the last day of training I'm told I need to find 10 non renters, non single people to sell this crap to in order to pass my training. Also, on top of that, I only had about 4 hours to do this. I'm like you gotta be freaking kidding me. I did some calling around to some family and a few friends. I mostly got answering machines since it was fair week and everyone was out enjoying the cows or whatever else is at the fair. When it was all said and done, I had 2 appointments that I had to cancel since I didnt get my 10. If I would have had a little more time and not so many freaking "rules", I probably would have gotten my 10. I should have been able to show it to singles and renters since it was TRAINING to get you used to showing the stupid air cleaner to people.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent a little bit here. I'm just a little upset atm, so I'm taking it out on whomever reads this :p.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikey B. said...

Ohh stfu

4:52 AM  
Blogger Me said...

2 all beef patties
special sauce
lettuce, cheese, onions
pickles on a sesame seed
Mikey B!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mikey B. said...

hahah

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home