Saturday, October 22, 2005

The End of the Light Bulb?

http://www.livescience.com/technology/051021_nano_light.html

Well, according to this article on livescience LEDs are to replace the standard light bulb. They save on energy, longer lasting and actually look cooler then normal light bulbs. Do you seriously think this will be our next light source? I don't think so. There is tons of money made on replacing light bulbs, so the idea of a "longer lasting" light bulb isn't lining anyones pockets with money. I doubt it will ever be mass produced. I will be swept under the rug by big corporations because there isn't nearly as much money to be made making these new light sources. Ugh.. Sometimes I think we have our eyes set too much on money and not enough on what really matters which should be lower energy consumption.

I saw this and thought I'd share with you all. It's a really cool invention. I think from my understanding is you can paint the ceiling with these and have your entire ceiling light up. Now that would be neat. Just imagine the light switch raves you could pull off with this lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

wow i love this article thank you for posting it...

LED's all the way babeeee!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Mikey B. said...

yw.. I think the invention is pretty neat and I want one!!!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home