Monday, March 27, 2006

Don't Puke!

Ok, so here is the story of my crazy ass weekend. I thought I had plans with Eric and Joni this weekend. I had said no weekend work just so I could go out to dinner and such with them. Well, they ended up canceling after I had already said no to work, so I figured I'd find something else to do.

I get a hold of Erica on AIM and try to persuade her into coming out tonight. I also get a hold of Matt and Chris to see if maybe we can all hook up and go out. I talk Erica into me coming over to her place for a little and Matt and Chris went to dinner. I just hung out with Erica for awhile till Matt and Chris were done.

Erica decides to go out, so we meet up with Matt and Chris at their place. Erica wanted to go to Stallions, since she has never been there. I really didn't care what we did, just so long as we weren't sitting around doing nothing. I said no to weekend work and I wanted some damn fun. Matt says he'll come out with us, but Chris was just gonna stay home. We ended up talking him into coming out with us.

Erica had 2 drinks before she left and Matt had 2. I was designated driver this weekend, since I wasn't about to have a repeat of last weekend. I have no problem being designated driver, I just wanted to go out and be sociable.

We get to the bar and there are tons of cross dressers. Erica was loving it. She just thought it was the coolest thing being in a gay bar. We all go and get some drinks. I had a beer, and Erica and Matt got another mixed drink. Chris was just there and didn't feel like drinking.

I finish my one whole beer of the evening and Matt and Erica were flagged, so we decided to go dance. Matt and Erica were dancing and I was the designated purse watcher. I was just standing there watching them dance for awhile. I was getting kind of bored, so I decided to join them. Me and Matt were sandwiching Erica on the dance floor. I was in front and Matt was behind. Erica grabs a hold of me and kisses me of the neck then she looks at me and says "Mike, I want to suck your dick". I'm like "Noooooo, you are way too trashed and I don't think your boyfriend would appreciate that very much". She didn't say anything, but she grabs my package. I ignore it and keep dancing with her. About 5 minutes later she goes to the bathroom.

She's in the bathroom for a good 10-15 minutes, so we just assumed she was puking. I was about to find someone who could go into the ladies room to see if she's ok when she comes stumbling out. She says she puked, but she was ok. I took her word for it and her and Matt went and sat down on the bench. I went for a short walk to check out some of the females who were there (Yes, they were real females). There was this one Asian chick in a red dress that was eyeing me up all night. She comes over to dance with me, but I wasn't really interested. She kind of has manly features, so I wasn't too sure of it. You can never be 100% sure in a place like that. I get back to the bench and Erica is passing out. We tell her she can't do that in a bar or they'll kick her out. She passed out again, so we decided it was best to leave.

Matt and I both have to walk with Erica, since she could barely walk anymore. We find Chris and head out to the car. Erica is telling us that she is fine and that we should stay, but we knew better. We get to the car and get her in when I started thinking "I hope she doesn't puke in my car"

As we are heading down 3rd street, Erica says she isn't feeling so good. I panic, since I didn't want puke in my car and drive for the side of the road. I end up hitting the curb in my state of panic and my tire pops. Matt opens up the passenger door and shoves Erica’s head out the door. She does some projectile vomiting out the door while Chris and I were surveying the damage the curb did to my tire.

Ok, so we need to change the tire. No problem, I thought. I've never changed a tire in my life, but this can't be too hard. I open up the trunk, find the tire, find the car jack, stick the car jack under the car and realize I need to pole for the car jack. I look in the back for it and can't find it, so I decided to find my handy dandy car care pack, which has a flashlight in it. Well, I get the flash light out and turn it on... no light. Well, I think the flash light needs some new batteries, so I look around inside the bag for spare batteries. I find some and stick them in and turn it on... no light. I then decided to see how Erica was doing. She was passed out in the back seat with Matt, but I went over to make sure she was ok.

Then, Chris said that me and him should walk back to their place and get his car and flashlight. Erica couldn't walk and she needed someone there with her, so Matt stayed. We tell them to lock the doors, since it was a bad neighborhood that we were in and Chris and I started our 4 block walk to his car.

We get there with no problems, though we did bring the tire iron along just incase someone decided to start some shit. We pee, get a working flashlight and jump in Chris’s car. We roll up to my car, but we needed a better distance from the curb. Chris said I should drive up to the emergency hospital lane, but I was hesitant about that, since it was an emergency lane. I decided fuck it; there is no other place to go, so I pulled into the lane. We decided to use Chris’s hydraulic jack, since we knew where the handle was for that. He jacks the car up and I take the tire off. I go to put the spare on and the car needs raised another 2 1/2 inches, so I ask him to give me some room. He pumps, but nothing happens. Man, nothing is working for us tonight. I grabbed his flashlight and checked my trunk. Here my pole thing was hooked under the spare tire compartment. I get that and jack my car up enough to put my tire on.

Yay, so I fixed my first flat. That was rather fun, but I was just looking forward to getting home and getting to bed, since it was almost 2am.

I checked on Erica to make sure she was ok and we headed back to Chris and Matt’s place. We park and try to get Erica out of the car. She is trashed and not cooperating with us. She's just doing typical drunk stuff like walking around in circles as we are trying to hold her still. We get her under control and get her in the house. We sit her down on the chair and Matt fixes her some vitamin drink. She takes 2 sips of that and didn't like the taste. So now, she's sitting there and her teeth are chattering. I ask if she's ok and she says yes. She starts shaking a little bit. I asked if she felt cold, but she said she was fine. 2 minutes later her eyes roll back into her head and her breathing starts getting really erratic.

I thought that maybe she's having another one of her seizures, but I didn't say anything. Chris grabs the phone and says should I call 911? I hesitate for a second, but then said, go ahead and call. It's better to be safe than sorry. We tried waking Erica up as Chris was calling 911, but she wasn't responding. Her breathing was still erratic, her teeth were still chattering and she was shaking violently.

We continue to try talking to her as the ambulance was on the way and got no response. I was really worried about her breathing. I've never seen anyone get like that while drinking. It came up that someone offered her a drink when she was in the bathroom at Stallions. We started thinking that maybe there was something in that drink.

The ambulance gets there and starts asking us the normal questions. We tell the ambulance crew that she only had like 3 drinks, so we think it might be something else. Matt had the same amount to drink as her and he was fine. They check her heart rate and it's going from like 80 - 110. She wasn't responding to the ambulance people either, so they gave her smelling salts and stuck the oxygen mask on her.

After about 10 minutes of trying to get her to respond, they get the cart thing out and wheel her to the ambulance. They asked that I get her purse and anything else that might belong to her and then asked if I'd like to come along. I said sure, since I have never ridden in an ambulance before.

As we are heading down the road the people in the back are telling Erica to control her breathing. We are close to the hospital when I hear Erica talking. I felt pretty relieved that she was talking again.

We get to the hospital and they seat me in the waiting room. 5 minutes later Chris and Matt get there. The nurse asks if I was with the Erica and then asked me to answer some questions, like her medical information, phone number, and number to her parents. I didn't know most of the stuff, so I really wasn't much help to them, but Matt did have her work phone number.

They tell us to have a seat and someone will be out when she is available for visitors. We head over to the snack machines and get some munchies, since we were anticipating a long night. About 5 minutes of waiting Chris wanted to leave, since it was kind of crowded in there, so he asks the nurse how long will it be. The nurse says between 3 -5 hours. Chris comes back and tells us the wait time, so we decided it was best to just go back to their place, since it was just down the road. My butt was hurting on those seats because I had a work related injury that involved my ass, so I figured I'd leave too. We left the house number and went back to their place.

We get home and I curl up on the couch since I was sleepy. I had a long night as it was and I was assuming that we'd be going back to the hospital in about 5 hours, so I thought a nap was best. Matt and Chris go to bed too, but keep the ringer on high. 10 minutes after they went to bed, the phone rings. It's Erica saying she is ready to leave. She sounded all chipper and awake. We were all like what the hell?

As we were heading down to the hospital, Chris said we should invite her out to the after party. We all got a good laugh out of that, but I was just glad that she was ok. I did feel bad that she went though, since it kind of seemed like she didn't need to go to the hospital, since they were releasing her so soon

We get there and find her little hole they stashed her in. The first thing Chris says is "I know of a really good after party place if you wanna go". She got a good laugh out of that one. She tells us she doesn't remember half the night. She remembers dancing with Matt, but not me and Matt. She doesn't remember pretty much anything after that point. She just remembers waking up in the hospital and freaking out. She tells us her BAC was only .125. That's strange, we said. That shouldn't be enough to make anyone act like that. She tells us they tested her for drugs too, but that came back negative. She told us the Dr. was acting like a dick and accusing her of doing drugs, but when the tests came back negative he said, you probably puked them up. Now, I know you need to be pretty smart to become a Dr., but if she was feeling the effects of drugs, wouldn't they be in her system? One would only logically think that you can't puke all your blood out? I guess logic escapes even doctors.

We wait awhile for the nurse to come and take the thing out of her arm. The nurse finally gets to her, and releases her to my temporary custody. They had to release her to someone, since she did have alcohol in her system.

As we are driving home, we are all reflecting back on the night. We are asking Erica what she remembers etc etc. Chris blurts out "You mean, you don't remember making out with that cross dresser?” She got really quiet and I was like "Yea, you guys were really goin at it". She says nuh uh and I tell Chris that we are probably gonna have to take her back to the hospital. I couldn't hold back the laughter any longer, so I confessed that nothing like that even happened to her. She was relieved, but the look on her face was priceless.

We get back to my car and I show her my popped tire, since she doesn't remember it. She was amazed that she missed so much. We get in my car and I asked her if she'd like to go see where she puked at. She was really curious as to where she puked, so I drove her down a few block till I saw the vomit splattered all over the asphalt. She didn't remember doing that or the tire or anything. That's really weird is all she could say.

I drive her home and walk her into her apartment. She was walking fine and talking fine, so I was pretty sure she was gonna be ok. She wanted a shower, since she had puke all over her, so I bid my farewell and started my long and painfully slow journey home in my crippled car.


*/Sorry for the long post and all the spelling/grammar mistakes. I was just typing away every detail that I could remember. Ohh well, atleast you get the whole story :p. */

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! you need a good luck charm.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mikey B. said...

I'm cursed I tell you.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home