Monday, January 02, 2006

It's 2006!

This New Years was a bit different for me. I was just planning on spending the night with myself like I did last year, but Eric had invited me over to Joni's parents place. It was a long drive, but I decided what the hell, I'll go over.

I get to Joni's parents place and I know absolutely nobody other than Eric and Joni, so I kinda felt out of place. We all decided to play poker. Now, I haven't played poker in years, so I had to re-learn the game. I folded right away my first few games, since I had no clue what was going on. After a couple of hands I decided to play as conservative as I could.

The game went on and I didn't do too bad. It was getting close to midnight and someone handed me a new years hat and a cigar. I put the hat on and headed outside to toke my cigar. It's been years since I smoked a cigar, so that was a nice treat.

At midnight I tried to call people, but the damn lines were so busy. A bunch of people from FedEx had called me, so I talked to them for a little. I guess everyone from FedEx had a party and they thought of me, so it was nice to hear from those idiots again.

We started another game of poker, but this time I had a better idea of what was going on, so I did a little better this time. Eric and his one friend were pretty trashed and wanted to go home, so they left. A few people lost all of their chips, so they called it a night and it was just me, Joni and some other girl. I lost my chips and watched the 2 girls battle it out. It got to around 4am and they decided it just wasn't worth it anymore, so they just split the money.

We get back to Eric and Joni's place and we find Eric passed out next to the toilet curled up in a ball. Joni couldn't lift him up, so she asked me to pick him up and put him in bed. I got him up, put him down on the bed and left Joni take care of him from there.

I didn't wake up till around noonish. I talked with Eric and Joni till I was fully awake and I left. I ended up brining Erics one friend back to Mount Joy since his car had broke down.

Later on in the day I went to my grandmas for pork and saurkraut. I do not like saurkraut at all, so I just had mashed potatoes and pork. After dinner we all chatted and watched the end of the Redskins vs Eagles game.

After grandmas, me and my brother headed up to his place to watch movies. We watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Emily Rose was kind of boring. I guess if you are extremely religious it would scare you, but it just wasn't that scary for me. They say it is based on a true story, but I think most of it was fabricated to make the movie a little more exciting. I've read a few reviews by various bloggers and they take the whole movie as real and scary. It just didn't do anything for me, so I was alittle disappointed.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was pretty good. I've seen the second one, but I had not seen the first or third ones. I enjoyed the second one, so it was almost a guarantee that I'd like the first one. Now I just have to watch the second one again, since I kinda forget what happens in that one. I remember some of it, and what I do remember makes better sense now that I've seen the first.

I'm kind of excited about this week. I bought a new processor, motherboard, DVD-RW and a new case. The processor is a new 64 bit processor and a mobo to go with it. I bought all of this for under 350 bucks, which isn't bad at all. I just wanted to get myself something and give my old stuff to my mom who really needs the upgrade. I already recieved the motherboard and DVD-RW. I'm now just waiting on the processor and case.

I think that's all I have to talk about. I'm just sitting here waiting on my laundry to finish up, so I decided I'd tell my huge fanbase what I've been up too. I know all of you are just dying to comment on something new from me.

Happy New Years everyone!

Megan, if you are still out there, I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year. I hope you're happy and well and that your holidays were good. I still think about you and miss you. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

i miss you too Mike! Hope you are doing well and you're happy. Happy New Year to you too!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Mikey B. said...

:)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home